Influenza & other vaccination programs
OH Well is now taking bookings for the 2020 Flu vaccination season !
- The 2020 flu vaccine includes protection against the following strains:
– A/Brisbane/02/2018 (H1N1) pdm09-like virus (H1N1) ( New)
– A/South Australia/34/2019-like virus (H3N2) (New)
– B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus
– B/Washington/02/2019-like virus ( B Victoria Lineage) (New)
- The flu vaccination does not protect you from the common cold, only against the strains of the flu covered in the vaccine
- It is best to be vaccinated early in the season as it can take up to two weeks following the vaccination for the body to build antibodies.
- Protection from the flu vaccination will last for at least the flu season, and up to one year. The vaccines are made each year based on the most common flu strains that are circulating.
- You cannot get influenza from the vaccine. The vaccine stimulates the immune system and contains protection against circulating flu viruses. The vaccine has been inactivated, so it is absolutely unable to give you the flu.
- People who are vaccinated who get the flu likely came into contact with the virus prior to vaccination, or before the vaccine has been able to take effect.
For 2020 influenza vaccination information and pricing contact us on 03 377 2661 or email us.
OH Well offers other vaccination services including:
Get in touch with me
- Hepatitis A and B serology screening
- Tetanus Booster Vaccinations
- A recall system which ensures employees are contacted and scheduled to visit our clinic for the required vaccinations
- Vaccinations can be completed at your work-site or at our clinic